General Questions

Nervous about my first injection — any tips?

FitMom401/31/2026653 views4 replies
FI
FitMom401/31/2026

I've been researching peptides for months and finally have everything ready (BPC-157, bac water, insulin syringes, alcohol swabs). But now I'm sitting here staring at the syringe and I can't bring myself to do it. I know it's subcutaneous and the needle is tiny but I have a thing about needles. Anyone else deal with this? Tips for getting past the anxiety?

Replies (4)

RU
RunnerSteve1/31/2026

The anticipation is 100x worse than the actual injection. A 30 gauge insulin needle is thinner than a human hair. I barely feel it. My tips: (1) Ice the area for 30 seconds first if you're really nervous. (2) Pinch the skin on your lower belly. (3) Insert quickly — don't go slow. (4) Push the plunger slowly and steadily. (5) Done. By your third injection you'll wonder why you were ever nervous.

DR
DrSarahChen1/31/2026

Completely normal anxiety. A few additional tips: let the alcohol swab dry fully before injecting (wet skin stings more). Rotate injection sites — lower abdomen at least 1-2 inches from the navel, alternating sides. Don't look at the needle going in if that helps. And yes, within a week this will feel routine.

BI
BioHacker881/31/2026

I was the same way. My first injection took me like 20 minutes of psyching myself up. Now I do it in 30 seconds without thinking. The needle is so small you genuinely barely feel anything. You'll be fine.

CU
CuriousHawk666/1/2026

You had a baby. Can’t be worse than that.

Join the discussion

Posts come from named accounts, so people can follow up with you and we can act when someone abuses the forum. Sign in to reply.